November 18, 2019

October 9, 2019

September 18, 2019

March 15, 2019

Please reload

Recent Posts

Revisiting Your Values

November 18, 2019

1/10
Please reload

Featured Posts

How Empathy Factors into Management

March 1, 2018

When we think of leaders and those who are in positions of authority, we often think of words like powerful, focused, innovative. But what does it take to be an effective manager, and more generally, a good leader? Forbes has two articles which tackle this exact topic. 

Oftentimes, I think we forget that being a leader is not just about being authoritative and having an inspiring presence; it is also about having empathy for your employees. According to the article, “How Important Is Empathy To Successful Management?” only 40% of front line leaders were “proficient or strong in empathy.” The ability to have empathy for your employees connects them not only to you personally, but also makes them feel heard and more connected to the company. It creates a positive work environment. Only “30% of employees feel fully engaged, with the remaining 70% functioning at some level of ‘going through the motions.’” Statistics like this are a reminder that many aren’t feeling heard, or feeling like a part of something. Read the two articles below to learn more about how to be an effective leader/manager, and how doing so can affect the workplace positively. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victorlipman/2018/02/24/how-important-is-empathy-to-successful-management/#305dced5a46d

https://www.forbes.com/sites/yec/2016/01/26/seven-qualities-the-best-managers-share-and-why-they-matter/#1791d6663d74

Lilly Murphy 
Marketing Assistant 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags